Who We Are
AIT Extension contributes to the development of the region through continuing professional education, short-course training and consultancy services. We do this by working to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who play a leading role in the sustainable development of the region and its integration into the global economy.
AIT Extension's operating programs:
- Agriculture and Food Processing
- Environment and Natural Resources Management
- Education and Training Development
- Poverty Reduction and Livelihoods Development
- Business Performance, Management and Strategy
- Development Effectiveness
- Public Sector Services and Management
- Private Sector Development
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Information and Communication Management
- Infrastructure Development and Public Utility Management
- Seminar and Study Visit Programs
Mission And Vision
AIT Extension identifies and responds to regional opportunities for continuing education, training and consultancy, and thus helps realize AIT's mission to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who will play a leading role in the sustainable development of the region and its integration into the global economy. AIT Extension is an innovative and responsive provider of a broad array of capacity building programs and services.
What We Do
We organize on-campus and off-campus short-term education and training courses, study visits and consultancy services that respond to clients' continuing professional development needs. We also provide services for organization of conferences, seminars and workshops. Our training courses usually last from one to twelve weeks.
We design, develop and implement training courses customized to the specifications of the requesting client organization and also offer professional development programs designed for individual participants according to their specific needs.
Who We Work With
AIT Extension works with professionals in national governments, overseas development agencies, multilateral agencies, development institutions, private sector, investment banks, consultants and NGOs. To respond to the diverse needs of the above groups, entry requirements are flexible. Ordinarily, participants will be mid-career and senior level professionals with at least two years of experience working for client organizations. Programs and services are delivered in English and in some cases through participants' national languages as well as through translation.
Why Choose AIT Extension
- AIT Extension is a well-known and highly respected international institution in the region, with 25 years of experience in training and continuing education.
- Multicultural staff, resource persons and participants.
- Personalized care for participants.
- Synergy among groups with distinct, complementary areas of competence.
- A strong IT base to all network.
- Well-known and well-established catalog of products and services.
- Beautiful, peaceful environment, superb on-campus training facilities and superb on-campus accommodation and recreation facilities.
- A global and regional database of professional Resource Persons complementing AIT's 150+ faculty, and strong client base for continuing education.