This professional development course on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management is prepared for policy makers, district relief and rehabilitation officers, project implementation officers, relevant to the disaster management.
Objective: It is expected that, at the end of the course participants will have:
- Understand disaster risk reduction concepts and DRR conceptual frameworks and institutional mechanisms
- Identify and understand the causes and impacts of various hazards locally, regionally and globally.
- Identify disaster risk reduction strategies and opportunities in programming.
- Monitor programme inputs, processes and results required for management of DRR.
- Understand concepts, methods, and tools for monitoring of DRR in Humanitarian response, emergency response and development programs.
- Identify ways to overcome barriers to conducting effective Disaster Risk monitoring.
- Conduct disaster Risk monitoring using appropriate methods and tools.
- Get basic knowledge of analyzing qualitative data for humanitarian, emergency and development sector programmes related to DRR.
TIMING: The training course will be held in 2 batches:
- Batch 1 will be held during 18 – 27 May 2019 (excluding travel time).
- Batch 2 will be held during 23 May – 01 June 2019 (excluding travel time).
VENUE: AIT, Thailand and Jogjakarta, Indonesia
PARTICIPANTS: Each group consists of 20 participants selected by the concerned authority. Participants are drawn from senior officers and executives engaged in different disciplines related to disaster risk reduction and management.
COURSE DIRECTOR: Mr. Fazle Karim
COURSE COORDINATOR(S): Ms. Thaniya Jirasathitpornpong, Senior Program Officer
Mr. Syed Muntasir Husain Bokhari, Senior Program Officer
Mr. Md Omar Farouk, Program Officer
CONTACT: Mr. Fazle Karim
AIT Extension, Asian Institute of Technology
Phone: +66 2 524 5311