This 2-week training program on “Management and Implementation Of Large-Scale Engineering Projects” aims at exposing the participants to appropriate methodologies of project control and implementation that enhance skills on the step-by-step procedures within RBM framework. Similarly, it will also equip the practitioners’ knowledge and practical skills to be able to conduct stakeholder analysis, logical framework analysis, monitoring and evaluation as part of their impact assessment taking into consideration the risks and factors that affect the conduct of the project.
The course is designed for key officers involved in engineering projects. It aims at improving and strengthening the project implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills of the officers based on the Results-Based Management framework.
After the completion of the training, the participants shall be able to:
- Understand the management of large scale engineering projects concepts, processes and techniques, and planning tools based on the logical framework approach
- Learn how to set project goals, objectives and results and the tools to measure them
- Understand the importance of project appraisal and feasibility studies based on stakeholder requirements
- Gain confidence in using reliable project management tools
- Learn techniques, tools, and strategies in results-based monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Assess the social and environmental impacts of development projects by analyzing key variables and indicators
COURSE DIRECTOR: Mr. Fazle Karim
COURSE COORDINATOR(S): Furqan Ali Shaikh and Tharakorn Chanlapa
CONTACT: Mr. Fazle Karim
Senior Program Specialist
Asian Institute of Technology