The Sustainable Agriculture, Agribusiness and Value Chain Management in Thailand is a one-week long professional development program, which has been designed to address the key issues dealing by the agriculturists and development professionals in other countries often with similar or different agro-ecological zones.
Program Objective and Learning Outcomes:
At the end of this program, participants are expected to widen their views and understandings on modern and sustainable farming practices in different agro-ecological zones including low land or wetland ecosystems.
Program Content and Delivery
The overall content for the panel discussion will cover the following aspects under AgroProcessing, Value Chain Management, and Agricultural Marketing Sector in Thailand:
- Technical intervention & innovation in agro-processing and agro-based small and medium enterprises development
- Post-harvest management and packaging of agricultural produces
- Case studies of different food (fruits, vegetables, meat) processing with particular references to Thailand
- Entrepreneurship development in the agriculture sector
- Quality control and VCM in agro-processing and agro-based small and medium enterprises development
- Tools and techniques – implementation of productivity concepts (market forecast, operation management, and sustaining the gains)
Course Director: Dr. Zakir Hossain
Asian Institute of Technology, P.O. Box 4
Klong Luang Pathumtani 12120