“Advanced Shrimp Farming” is a one week long professional training program, which has been designed to address not only the lack of know-how and issues with farming practices but also to meet the specific needs and requirements for the development of this venture in the region. The program will cover the state of the art of farming practices, existing good practices, innovation and advanced technologies in farming and shrimp health care along with planning and management of environmental issues with shrimp farming. The overall content of this program will cover the following aspects/topics of shrimp farming:
- Introduction on Shrimp Production in Thailand including experiences and policies related to shrimp/prawn culture development, extension and management
- Pond Preparation including Pond Bottom Dynamics/Soil Management
- Water Quality Management
- Grow-out pond/farm Management
- Shrimp Nutrition and Feed Management
- Shrimp Health Management including Pre/Pro-Biotics in Shrimp Farming
- Innovation (i.e., aquamimicry, bioflocs, high intensity indoor farming) in Shrimp Farming
- Planning and Management for Environmental Issues/Concerns (EIA, CoC, BMP etc.)
The technical sessions will be accompanied with field visit/trips to respective farms or research stations/laboratories of academic institute. The actual duration of the complete training course is 6 Days. The course content will have 3 and half days of technical sessions followed by 2 days of the field trip and half day for Way Forward plus Group Action Plan (GAP). The course will be taught by internationally renowned academicians (from AIT and partner institutes/organizations in Thailand), shrimp farming experts, researchers, professional trainers and practitioners.
This program is proposed to be conducted on 03-10 November 2019 including International travel to/from Thailand. The medium of instruction of this program will be English. Where discussions are in Thai, such as during field or organization visits, a local Thai interpreter will be available to assist.
The Tuition Fee is USD 1,500 per participant. The tuition fee will cover all training related expenses except accommodation and dinner.
For online registration please click on Here or contact to:
Dr. Md. Zakir Hossain
AIT Extension, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)
P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathum Thani 12120, THAILAND
Tel: +66-8-169 40759 ; Fax : +66-2-524-6332