This course description is indicative, and only for reference purposes. The course is not scheduled unless advertised in our calendar. If you are interested in this course, or require a customized course that is similar to this, please note that fees start from USD 35,000 for a three-week course. This fee is for a customized course for ten or fewer participants. For additional participants, the fee is USD 3500 per participant.
For these fees, the client may customize the course to the precise needs of the client's organization. Scheduling will be in consultation with the client.
Participants: Project planners and managers, environmental and social protection and planning officials, Environmental and Social Impact Assessors (ESIA) reviewers.
This course provides participants with a conceptual framework for ESIA as an effective planning and management tool. It also enables participants to critically evaluate ESIA studies and prepare evaluation reports. Course content covers EIA and SIA methodologies, technical aspects, their application to development projects, and social and environmental measures.
The course also integrates project work to be carried out by individual or groups pertaining development of ESIA for a development project. Study visits are organized to development projects in Thailand that practice ESIA, such as water resources development project, road and highways projects, and industrial estate development projects.
Tentative Course Contents:
- Relationships between Development Activities and Environmental Impacts
- Tools for Environmental Impact Assessment (i.e. EIA, SEA, IEE, IEA)
- Fundamentals of Integrated Environmental Assessment or Strategic Environmental Assessment (IEA/SEA) and Cumulative Effects Assessment (CEA)
- IEE, EIA and SIA: Procedures and Practices
- Social Inclusion
- Gender Issues in Development Planning
- Social Safeguard Policy and Strategies in Resettlement Areas
- Management of Internally Displaced People
- Land Acquisition and Compensation Approaches